Just sharing before deleting… I have to clean up some folders on my laptop.
PREGNANCY is the time of rapid physical and emotional change. From fertilization until after birth, you and your baby will be changing every day.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY
- Nausea and vomiting
- Frequent urination
- Breast sensitivity
- Basal body temperature elevation
- Changes in skin and mucous membranes
- Abdominal enlargement
- Uterine changes
- Palpation of fetal outline
- Positive pregnancy test
- Ultasound visualization
- Fetal heart sounds
- Fetal movement felt by examiner
THE TRIMESTERS OF PREGNANCY
- FIRST TRIMESTER– weeks 1to 12
- SECOND TRIMESTER– weeks 13 to 28
- THIRD TRIMESTER-weeks 29 to 40
RISK FACTORS FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
- Ø An age less than 18 or greater than 35
- Ø Being less than 145 cm ( 4’9”) tall
- Ø Having a fourth (or morebaby)
- Ø Having had one or more of the following:
- Previous caesarian section
- 3 consecutive miscarriages or a stillborn baby
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Ø Having one or more of the following medical conditions:
- Heart disease
- Bronchial asthma
DANGER SIGNS OF PREGNANCY
- Vaginal bleeding
- Headaches, dizziness, blurred vision
- Puffiness of the face and hands
- Being pale or anemic
HIGH RISK PREGNANCY
- Pregnancy –induced Hypertension ( PIH)
CAUSES OF BLEEDING IN PREGNANCY
- A. Early Pregnancy
- Abortion –is termination of pregnancy before age of viability usually before 20-24 weeks.
- Ectopic pregnancy – pregnancy outside of the uterinc cavity; implantation commomly occurring in the ampulla of the fallopian tubes.
- Hydadiform Mole – A developmental anomally of the chorion where fails to develop and instead degenerates and become fluid- filled vesicles.
- B. Late Pregnancy
- Placenta Previa- Abnormal low implantation of the placenta.
- Abruption Placenta- premature partial or complete separation of placenta.