I saw my old notebook for my major subjects in Teaching English.
A Cinquain (pronounced as sing-cane) is a five line stanza poem or a 5 line verse form with the following structure:
* The first line has 1 word that gives the title or topic of the poem;
* The second line has 2 words that describe the title;
* The third line has 3 words that express an action related to the title;
* The fourth line has four words that express a feeling; and
* The fifth line has 1 word that is synonymous to the title.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Here are my own examples of cinquain (edited version) found in my compilation of children’s literature from around the world: